PrInCE - Innovative Processes for Energy Conversion
PON R&C – Structural development
- With Directorial Decree No. 254/Ric. of 18 May, 2011, MIUR began the implementation of projects for the improvement of structure and infrastructure of Universities and Public Research Organisations in the mentioned Regions (Puglia, Sicilia, Calabria and Campania).
- The aim is to fund projects for the specialization and integration of competences in research, innovation and enabling technologies to respond to the country’s needs and excel on an international level.
- Development of new laboratories, purchasing scientific and technological equipment, construction work and structural modernisation as well as training courses.
Scope of the PrInCE project
- The “PrInCE" project involves the upgrading and/or the construction of several laboratories aimed at creating a single multi-functional laboratory with the double scope of studying and prototyping:
- Generation technologies based on RES;
- Intelligent control apparatus for the management of distributed generation technologies.
- Skills of different areas of engineering will be involved:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automation, Informatics, telecommunication.
- Scientific Coordinator: Prof. M. TROVATO (DEI)
- Electrical Energy Systems (SEPE) - DEI
- Electrical Machines and Drives (MAE) – DEI
- Power Electronics (LEP) – DEI
- Digital Control (LACOD) – DEI
- Automation and Robotics (LAR) – DEI
- Wind Tunnel Laboratory (GAVE) - DMMM
- Centre of Excellence for Computational Mechanics - DMMM
- Laboratory Research and Experiments on coastal defense (LIC) – DICATECh / DMMM
- Combustion Laboratory (LACO) – DMMM
- Energy Factory Bari (EFB) – Public-Private Laboratory of Politecnico di Bari and AVIO Co. (GE Co. group)